Rules of Engagement
Let’s Talk Guns, Colorado Rules of Social Engagement:
Let’s Talk Guns, Colorado Social Media pages [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube] are a platform for an open discussion on gun safety. Our social pages are to support our goal to get more people talking constructively (not arguing) about gun safety solutions.
- Be Respectful: Everyone has an opinion about guns, and it might not match yours. Allow people to have a voice and be respectful. We want to have a conversation, not arguments. The environment we are creating is so that all are welcome. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- Posts, comments, and photos can be deleted: Let’s Talk Guns, Colorado is focused on a civil conversation about gun safety. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but we will delete comments, posts, or images based on the following page guidelines.
- Offensive or violent language.
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material.
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Spam, link baiting, or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices.
- Disturbing photos.
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten, or abuse an individual.
- Commercial solicitations or the promotion of a competitor.
If someone persists in offensive behavior or continually violates any of our rules of engagement, we may block that person from further participation.
- Differing opinions are welcome: We recognize that people following our page might express dissatisfaction with our posts and/or opinions. We will address people’s concerns and answer and provide links as deemed appropriate. We reserve the right to remove any comments or posts that use inappropriate or offensive language. We will not tolerate such behavior and will remove, block, or mute any users who do not follow our rules of engagement.
- No Promotions or Spam: We will delete any posts that are self-promoting, spam, and irrelevant links. We will remove any spam and irrelevant content without notice.
Let’s Talk Guns, Colorado rules can be changed at any time and will be updated on our social pages. We will be transparent with how we manage the engagement of our pages.